I've been a physiotherapist for over 20 years and specialise in helping people with long-term and complex problems, especially when they haven't responded to "normal" physiotherapy.
I was a physio in the British Army for 10 years, before I left to found multidisciplinary injury treatment centre Victory Health & Performance in 2010. I now work independently in Liverpool Street, central London.
I am the only physiotherapist in the world to have completed full training in the following pioneering approaches to physiotherapy:
- the Integrated Systems Model (developed by industry leaders Diane Lee and Dr LJ Lee in Canada)
- the Thoracic Ring Approach and ConnectTherapy (Dr LJ Lee)
- the Sarah Key Method (developed by Sarah Key, physiotherapist to The Queen)
This extensive training, combined with a postgraduate diploma in Sports & Exercise Medicine, and training in craniosacral therapy and visceral manipulation, gives me a unique insight into the body and has allowed me to develop the Health & Performance Pyramid that underpins my reputation.
Since the start of lockdown, I've also been offering online physiotherapy; and this has developed my interest in ergonomics, as I've watched my patients struggle with poorly-planned home workstations. I've therefore developed online training for individuals and corporates, in how to set up your home working environment.
Subjects I'm happy to discuss include:
- Healthcare and injuries
- How to optimise recovery
- How to set up your home workstation - issues to look out for, what equipment to choose and how to use it
- How everything in your body is connected, and how recognising this can lead to unexpected solutions (for example, a patient whose ankle pain stemmed from a neck problem, or knee pain stemming from weak foot muscles etc)
- Back pain and novel treatment techniques